Friday, April 27, 2012

Makes Sense To Me.






Sometimes I don’t get it: BBT excuse:
Over this Spring LDS general conference weekend I found several statements very profound, and that I might want to just post on my wall somewhere.   Some of these included the words of Elder Uchtdorf in referring to holding grudges, wanting to cause harm, gossiping, and jealousy: “Stop it”. Another statement that I would like to further discuss was one by Elder Nelson in the Sunday morning session.  Elder Nelson reassured and discussed a truth I’ve felt strongly about for a long time now.  Everything on this earth was made very precisely, they start as small as atoms then they reach to other combinations of matter, with its own type of genetic coding, ways that it develops over time, and precise measurements of elements combined together all with the incentive to survive through time and surroundings.  All matter of things has evolved and are evolving over time to their surroundings to become best in their potential.  Basically, everything is so complex in the deeper sense.  How then can this wonderful world and Universe been made by a random accident.  I fail to see the sense of a random sporadic explosion that made all these elements combine and turn into something so precise and functional.  Going back to Elder Nelson’s words he compared this how out of a sporadic detonation a world was made would be like saying if a printing shops exploded it would make a dictionary. 
So someone reading this might think this is an anti-atheist post.  Not necessarily, I just have a thought, a thought that I happen to believe, that when: I get strong feelings of love for my family and friends, the peace I feel on summer night walks, the way I can mentally tell myself when I’m sick to get better and I naturally do, the fact I know that only opposites on magnets attract to each other, and that when I look into a clear night sky the world goes on for infinity.  Tell me then, is there no greater power? No greater power beyond our comprehension of the wonders that this power can produce? Maybe this greater power, God, which might actually care for us every now and then, or always?  What do I know? I’m just a 20 year old girl who just likes to follow a train of thought every so often.  What I do know, is that I find it difficult to believe in a spontaneous coincidence that this “big Bang” happened without any sort of greater power, and everything resulted of it over billions of years wasn’t organized in a manner.  Sure I believe in a God, it’s what makes sense.  

1 comment:

  1. Ash, you are amazing and you inspire me. Thanks for these posts!

    ReplyDelete