Sunday, May 27, 2012

Do I believe in Angels


As a favor I am posting this on behalf of someone very dear to me.  Yes it is very much religious as the title suggest, but it personally means something to me.  Hear it out, it's good. 

Do I Believe in Angels?
By Bradley Dean Freeze

Do I believe in Angels
That are here upon this earth?
Are they elderly with hair of gray,
Or arrived here fresh from birth?
Do they all have wings of sparkling white,
With halos like a crown?
Do they stand before us filled with light in a pillar shining down?
Do they all wear tunics white as snow
With brightness like the sun?
Are they loved ones from across the veil
To help us every one?
Do we need them while were here on earth
To help us bear out strain?
I know one went to Gethsemane
To comfort Christ in pain.
We cannot know we cannot tell
Hi pains that day to bear
But the angels saw and in reverence
Bowed and wept while he was there.
At the garden tomb where Christ had laid
Three days in death had slept.
Tow angels spoke to Mary there
While in sadness knelt and wept
When Christ was born in Bethlehem
The shepherds saw them too
They heard the Alleluia’s ring
From angels’ voices true.
How many of life ups and downs
We think we’re born alone
While looking back now humbly
We see what God had done.
Angels come to us from God
And places near and far
To help us in our times of need
We’re God’s children are
Some dress in finer clothing
In suit and tie and vest.
Some come to us in uniform
A badge upon their chest
Some dress in Khaki, olive-drab
Or white or navy blue
They guard us as we sleep at night
Protecting me and you
Other time they’re simple souls
Whose goal is tried and true
To give God’s children peace and hope
An “Angel” could be “you”.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Ashley! I too believe in angels. I believe that YOU are one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete